About Cook Brothers



Who We Are

Throughout the years, the management team at Cook Brothers has strived to be the one-stop for the trucking industry. “For all your truck parts needs” has been the company slogan and its ultimate goal. Having never lost sight of that goal, Cook Brothers now operates one of the largest truck parts distributors in the northeast and has full service driveline facilities, hose manufacturing and repair and leasing to serve all our customer’s need.

Executive Team
Henry B. Cook, Jr.: President
Robert J. Seyerlein: Vice-President
Michael D. Venuti: Treasurer

Our History

1918

Everett D. Cook and George A. Brockway decided to establish the first Brockway truck dealership in Binghamton, New York. Everett ran the business and worked on firmly entrenching the Cook name in the Binghamton market.

1935

Everett D. Cook's son, Henry, joins the company.

1941

Due to the importance of the trucking industry to the war effort, Henry received a deferment from the draft when the World War II started in 1941. Henry's brother, Charles, was drafted but could not serve due to medical reasons. Henry felt that either Charles or he had a duty to serve their country, so he convinced Charles to become his partner in the business so he could join the war effort. Through this act of patriotism, Cook Brothers Truck Parts was born.

1959

At the conclusion of World War II, Henry returned to Binghamton and the company prospered. Cook Brothers added major vendor lines, increased its marketing efforts and entered a new facility.

1977

Bob Seyerlien joined the organization and together with Henry Jr., started planning the course for the future.

1978

Cook Brothers built a new warehouse to handle the increased parts business in the heavy-duty truck market in the southern tier of New York State. The company also sought to widen its impact in the truck parts market by opening parts stores in Pittston, Pennsylvania and Elmira, New York. The new Pittston store allowed Cook Brothers to service customers in Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, Pennsylvania, while the Elmira store allowed Cook Brothers to expand its footprint across the southern tier of New York.

1988

The final member of the current ownership team was added when Mike Venuti joined the organization. The 1980s saw further expansion for Cook Brothers as they also opened its Express Gears operation to address the need for a rear axle and transmission portion of the business.

1990

Cook Brothers continued to increase its parts business in the 1990s by adding four additional New York stores in Rochester, Utica, Watertown and Homer. Cook Brothers also ventured into the leasing business, starting its own truck leasing company called NEC Leasing, which eventually became a part of the NationaLease organization

2000

Cook Brothers added to its parts base by opening an additional parts location in Mechanicsburg, PA – just outside of Harrisburg.

2004

Cook Brothers, recognizing a need in the marketplace for brake products that exceeded original equipment quality at a lower price, took another bold step and established its own brand of brake products marketed under the name of RoadWolf.